Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Watching the Unschooling Pieces Crumble - Part 5 of Dealings With a Guru

Regarding blog post from Dayna:

Blog 1: Processing
I am tired of hearing how you are going to take responsibility. What exactly are you taking responsibility for because it looks to me like you are using pretty words to still say nothing at all. You say you work through things privately, but that is only because you have to cover up your lies. You were not private at all around us and you never have been. You have always freely shared the feelings you have for others and the terrible struggles you have endured. You were never private, unless you count telling everyone multiple stories a privacy thing. Let’s say, for your sake, this better be your worst drunken moment. I can’t imagine anything worse. Thanks for taking the high road and not hurting me by responding? What? That makes no sense. What could you hurt me with? I am an open book and you are well aware of that. I am pretty sure that you are right about Joe being upset that you said he was beating you. I suppose you can call them accusations, but you kinda told us it was the case, every single time we spent time with you. The accusations of him beating you, came from your mouth, so if he is upset, then he is upset with you and your lies. You did not choose to decide together that you would be expanding your relationships to open. You told him that is what you wanted after you left here the first time. One more characteristic you chose to take from someone else, and then you got upset when he looked at a woman that was not you. It was never to elicit freedom in your relationship, it was to get what you wanted and that was my husband. I am still confused which one you were in love with, because I have heard all kinds of stories. So you MAY be a binge drinker? Well, coming from someone who claims to never drink, how interesting. How can you already be talking about the awesome growth you will experience? You are taking the events of what happened and saying that, oh, it has forced me to finally be honest about the fact that I am a perfectionist. Again, what? This is a set back? A setback for your fake life that was propelling forward until I came along and messed it up by being real. This is not a setback. This just IS. And you will be dealing with it.

Here is her post that I just referred too………………http://thesparklingmartins.blogspot.com/

To respect copyright laws, I have left out the bulk of their blog post. Please see the Sparkling Martins or myself for the full content.

"Processing...



I read it and I am numb. I know people are going to jump on the bandwagon and run with it. Here is my truth... it was an awful, mess of a time. I have been trying to run from it, but I have a responsibility to people who have followed and respected me. I am not ignoring it, or defending myself. I am just working on keeping my head above water right now."
Darlene said...

'Ahh "sigh" here I sit at the computer again.I have so many better things to do with my time than this!But I feel the need once again to state my point!
I ask again " Who does this?" Who would spend their time hurting another human being? I said it all in my last post so will not bore you with all that rambling again.
I noticed on J G blog that she made the comment about Dayna only having positive comments on her blog. Well yeah it is her blog. I always delete the negative off my page. Who wants to leave crap on our page and fight? Daynas blog is not here for debate and argument for heaven sake. It is to share about her family! So then I notice that JG says everyone is invited to share their thoughts here on my blog. Yeah really?? I noticed that the few that had the balls to write to her in defense of Dayna were slammed badly. JG HAS the never to tell them to F off!! On her page that she welcomed them to comment on. What is with that?? Do you really think everyone that disagrees with you deserves to be bullied in this way?
Soo I guess it goes this way- Dayna should leave her blog open for them to be able to abuse her even more and then a verbal battle can go back and forth? I think I see- my mind does not work in that delusional way so it is not really clear to me.
If I were new to unscholling- a young mom with children I would run as fast as I could to put my kids in a strict catholic school after seeing this level of abuse! I truly would. To see people attacking someone that they say needs help?? Really??
I have met some lovely women in the unschooling community over the years. Some Dayna does not see any more for whatever reason but I am totally sure that they have more class than this! Much more This has made me really wonder about the humans as a race.
I could not be more proud of my daughter than I am right now. She has handled this with all the dignity she can muster up. She is holding her head up as best she can right now and doing the best she can. I am proud of you Dayna. You are the very best daughter any mom could ever ask for and I am so proud to call you my baby girl!"
July 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

My responses to their blog comments:

Eco, I agree with everything you said. If I or others were allowed to post on her actual blog, then you would have gotten that response from me.

Jennifer, agree with you too, except her lows have not occurred yet, but maybe she can climb back up once she stops lying.

Danielle, I agree with a lot of what you said here, but this is not a bump in her road. This is a brick wall that cannot be passed until her truth comes out.

Maggie, you need new material. You simply copied what you said to 3 different places, without any thought to it. Read the actual blog and then talk to me. It makes you look stupid to state your case when you don’t even know what the case is about.

Arkansas, you just said that you haven’t read the blog and that you would sit and have drinks with her. I think you may have said that before she actually updated her blog to say she may be a binge drinker, but I don’t know? It has been revised several times, just like the accounts of her own history.

Carrie, what is with the theme of not reading before you post? Really. Don’t. Get. It.

Tracy, OMG! READ IT!

Krista, no shit? READ IT!

Leslie, fully agree and I would have added that if I could have.

Anon, why would I have a log in my eye? Did you just say tittle tattle, like we are 5 years old? This is very real. You are commenting on an unschooling blog and sounding like a shamming parent. What Dayna did is not ok. I don’t care if it is unimportant to you. Just don’t get involved then.

Jolene, I love your supportive comments!

Jan, great supportive statement.

Darlene, you have been waiting for this, so here it is. I am sorry that I am just now getting to it. There is a lot to keep up with on my end. You and the rest of the family love Dayna enough to support her lies, but not enough to actually do anything the help her get better, it seems. You are wasting your time, reading and responding to posts, but you are not physically taking her and getting her help. Why is this? I feel that, under the circumstances, I have alerted enough of you since this all happened, that a move toward healing could have at least started to take place.  

So, ahh, sigh, you have better things to do with your time, than to deal with this mess, I get it. It seems that this is the attitude that Dayna has been telling me about for the past few months. You seem too preoccupied to actually care for your daughter, but you then can spout how much you love her when people are watching. Thank you for showing me where she gets it. Who does this? Apparently me, because in all its unethical looking light, I am still attempting to get help for her and for those that she harmed and continue to harm. You are under the impression that your daughter is hurting, but what about the upwards of 50 families that have come forward to say that she has done that to them? There is a pattern. You are ignoring it. I am here to make you aware, since no one that can do anything about it is doing anything about it.

Yes, I allow positive and negative comments on my blog. I am sorry that is such a shocker and now, thank you for letting me know, that is where she gets that trait too. I am about the truth, even if it is ugly. The truth does not scare me, but I respect those who are scared about it, until I find out that they are creating a sickness with it. This is not about how you will look or your baby girl or the fact that you can’t be bothered by all of this. This is about a grown woman who you can assist with getting help because it is required for the safety of her and others. You are correct, yes, I have invited anyone to post on my blog and yes, when people post I either say thank you, I add additional information, I tell them I appreciate their thoughts, or I tell them that I do not agree and I explain why. I am not sure how you got the idea that the comments section is not for debate. That is what it is used for quite often in most of the world, just not in yours. I did not say fuck off, I said fuck you and right now I am trying to figure out why it is ok for your daughter to say the fuck when she wants, but that courtesy is not extended to others. Sounds like a whole lot of double standards that go on in your family, from what I have heard, anyway.

That is cute that you use the word delusional in a sentence like that. I believe that being honest is not delusional, whereas you see the truth as fantasy land. Wow, you call your own daughter out for relationships that ended in an ugly way in the past and you have the nerve to tell me that I am the one at fault here. I will say that all of these people have a common denominator and that is your baby girl. Are you delusional? What do you and Dayna expect? She cannot spout that she loves the attention and she loves to have haters and then get upset that she got exactly what she wanted. Are you delusional? You use the same point that Dayna did about the human race. Yes, this is the human race that your daughter has lied to, manipulated, cheated, and stole from. This is the human race where your daughter has led children to believe she is better than their own parents. This is the human race where your daughter has decided to con the entire unschooling movement. Your last sentence is really nice and I am so happy that you ended it there. Let me end my response by reminding you that just like when you committed your daughter to rehab in her teen years for playing rock music, you can do something now, as well. Love her enough to get her help. She is very sick and is a danger to others.

I will do responses to Dayna’s blog number 2 in my next blog.
ATTENTION: I have removed the last part of this post as a good faith measure. Thank you for offering refunds! I very much appreciate it. It was the right thing to do. I am not bartering with you or making any kind of deal with you, but wanted to send a note to let you know you have brightened my day just a little by being an honest business person regarding this particular exchange. You have released many people from being hostages. Jen
 
In addition, if you are not refunded by the RE conference when you request one, Kathryn Baptista has offered to give a scholarship to anyone who would like to attend a conference besides Rethinking Everything. The link to that conference is here................

http://www.northeastunschoolingconference.com/
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Jennifer, please contact me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to message you on your website, but it said it could not send. My email is down right now, so I can not get you that way either. If you are on facebook, I am Jennifer Davis Green. Let me know if you have another idea.

      Jen

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know a lot about her mom from watching their convo's, so I can tell you that her mom does the opposite of ignoring. She contacts Dayna multiple multiple times a day to ask where she is at, why she is not answering her. From what Dayna has told me, which means nothing to me now, is that her mom is crazy, is jealous, and she wishes she would leave her alone completely, but in their messages Dayna says nothing like that to her. I just don't know on that one. My guess would be that she spent Dayna's childhood ignoring her and now she is overdoing it to feel less guilty. Just my observations...........

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Jennifer I think it's great that you and Patti have come out with this information. I had a 'gut feeling' about Dayna from the beginning and never followed her because of it (I saw her present at the first unschooling conference I went to when we began radical unschooling a year ago). But I need to say this and I really hope you can hear it, sit on it, think it through and assess it properly. From some of the details you are starting to now share and the anger that is coming across in some of your replies to comments, it is starting to affect your credibility. I don't question for a second any of this happened, but other people who are sitting on the fence will jump off quickly if they see this continue to be added to.

    Dayna has gone very quiet and I think she is hoping you continue this and end up making yourself look bad. If she stays quiet and gives you no more 'ammo' then she comes off looking as the innocent one. Personally I think you should have stuck to your original blog entry and then Patti's story and that was it.

    But that's just my opinion based on reading it all (and someone who does not support Dayna at all).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I will say that blog 6 is fair enough information to share about the refunds. It's just the sex life stuff that brings up a lot more questions around the relationship between you, Dayna, Joe and Keith - it may not be how some interpret it, but for me it doesn't read great!

      Delete
    2. It has definitely crossed over into a personal attack. Weren't Jennifer and Dayna friends? No matter what went down, there is no reason to expose personal information.

      Delete
    3. Anon, thank you for your suggestions! I do hear them loud and clear. My issue is that I value truth greatly and I think if the first blog was it, then it would end up in the internet dumpster like all the others before me and disappear, leaving me as just another hater. I am not just another hater, she consummed my life since she walked in to it back in October, so this has been fulltime crap for way too long. Once I am done, I will be done, but it is not that time yet. Yes, I do get angry at times and so irritated at those that cannot seem to get past her perfect facade, but it is real and it is me and that is my credibility. I will not match her fake calmness or surface talk. I am not attempting to do this right or even win. I will keep an eye on my anger more if I can and try to come from a place of more calmness. Thank you for your opinion and always feel free to share what you think.

      Delete
    4. Carlie, she wants her personal information exposed, she just thought it was only the happy and pretend personal information that she needed to share. Let's just be real. I am sure it will seem like more of a personal attack, the longer I go on. People will get bored and want something different. I am not here for them. I am here to heal and move past it in a complete way. If someone feels that it is too much, they are welcome to pass it right up. If someone is really interested in how sick she is and how she really treats people, then they are welcome to stick around. Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. While I understand your need to tell your story. What was done was incredibly hurtful and many bad experiences happened. I had my own drama with someone whose child I took and the mom was a alcoholic and much much more, but I am wondering is there a point to copying and pasting her blog? That does not seem to be a positive thing to do, nor sharing your own experiences. That does seem to be a bit of trying to be vindictive.

    Again I understand that you were hurt. You had someone you obviously respected since you worked so closely with her and were friends and you found out that this person you held so dear or had on a pedestal was not what you thought and her business was marketing out for something that at that point she could not handle.

    I guess I have been there having my personal information shared - while I do not claim to be any guru on anything. I am just a homeschooling mom trying to survive. It is really hurtful.

    It just seems there is a line between sharing the experience that you had to let people know what your story was but stepping beyond that line and sharing her blog and comments.

    ReplyDelete